I love it all, I dare you to name one kind of candy I don’t like because I don’t think it’s even a thing. It’s also crazy to think it’s almost February which means for a lot of people, those new years resolutions are already a month old and now is that time where a lot of people either stick to their guns or slowly start dwindling. Stick with it, do the things you really don’t want to do, to get the things you really want. One of my resolutions is to mobilize more. After a super long day the last thing I feel like doing is coming home and stretching but I have been doing it and I feel SO much better when I do. The benefits it produces far outweigh those 20 minutes exta minutes of couch sitting.
Now that we are almost a month into January, those new habits we have started to create can slowly start to feel like a chore- boring and unexciting. The excitement of sticking to your new workout regimine and busting your rear in the gym might be losing it’s sparkle, or all those new, healhty foods you have been incorporating might be getting old real quick. Im a firm believer in keepin’ things spicy. Whatever you are doing, do it with some sass. Make the monotonous things in life fun. Don’t let things get dull, that is where the temptation of throwing in the towel sneaks in and we lose our fire to keep going.
In blogs to come I want to continue to help you all to find new ways to keep things fresh. Today I wanna talk about chicken. Yes, chicken! It’s that staple item that is packed with protein, lean and can go with almost any dish. Fad diets are often known for their “chicken-rice-broccoli,” basis and for good reason. It is clean, lean and easy! One of the joys of flexible eating is you can eat what you want. You can make that chicken come to life! I wanted to take this basic, staple food and give you some ideas on how to switch it up so you don’t get the chicken blues.
- Diced- cut up your chicken into small cubes and stir fry in a pan! Add to stir fry or pasta!
- Strips- cut long-ways into strips! Top on a salad or serve restraunt style with some homemade sweet potatoe fries!
- Shredded– Cook whole breast first, then with two forks, shred apart. Great in burritos or on taco salad!
- Whole Breast– bake in the oven whole for a simple, easy approach!
- Ground– you can buy it ground at the store, make it into burgers, meatballs or integrate into any recipe!
Spice It Up!
- Lemon Pepper- Great zesty way to add flavor in a simple way.
- Pesto– Set a side some extra fat allotment- it’s worth it! Great smothered over a whole breast or use as sauce on diced chicken with pasta or zuchinni noodles!
- Fresh garlic- In my opinion, the best way to flavor blast any kind of meat!
- Thyme and Rosemary- These go great together and put a different spin on things!
- Curry powder- put a thai twist on things! Serve with stir fry veggies and top with some peanuts!
- Taco Seasoning- can’t go wrong with a little mexican flair!
- Bake- Prep it and then put it in the oven! 375 degrees is usually a safe bet.
- Pan Fry– Use cooking oil of choice, changing up your oils can change up the taste! Play around with coconut oil, olive oil, avacado oil, sesame oil and more!
- Crockpot– Throw in the crockpot in the morning on low with seasonings of choice, come home at night to tender, delicious chicken!
- Insta-pot– my new fav method. You can put a whole batch of chicken in and it’s done in 15 mintues! It practically falls apart it’s so tender!
- BBQ- throw it on the grill! Char broiled chicken will have you thinking it’s summertime in January!
- Stuff it- cut into the middle of your chicken breast and fill it with cheese, spinach and mushrooms, ham (more protein!) marinara, peppers or whatever tickles your fancy!
- Top it- caramalized oinions, bacon, alfredo, bbq sauce, soy sauce.
- Pair it– combine it with pasta, veggies, potatoes, put in in a burger or a quesadilla! Get creative!
Don’t give up on this easy staple, I challenge you this week to do something different with the same ol same ol!!
Have a great week and keep it spicy!