I was craving something sweet, but after making several batches of the real deal chocolate cookies, I decided I needed to lay off the sugar! I found these brownies via Paleomg, they are all good-for-you ingredients so I thought i’d give them a try!
These brownies are delicious! However, I made a rookie mistake and grabbed a yam instead of a white sweet potato at the store! I think this made a huge difference, because yams are much more moist and watery than a white sweet potato, so my brownies never totally set…. still super tasty though, so I think you will love them!
The macros are higher in fat, but this just means they are super satiating and a little serving goes a long way! I’m not saying you aren’t going to want to eat the whole pan… but you won’t regret making this delicious treat!
- 1 Sweet Potato (mine was 500g)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 Eggs, whisked
- 3T Coconut Flour
- 2T Unsweetened Coco Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Dash of Salt
- Preheat Oven to 425, Bake Sweet potato for 30-40 minutes, until soft. You can microwave as well!
- Reduce heat to 350.
- Grease a 8×8 baking dish
- Mash your potato in a large bowl
- Add in all of your wet ingredients, mix well
- Add in dry ingredients, combine.
- Pour in your dish, weigh out your total batch in ounces.
- Set your servings in your recipe to total ounces (this way you can weigh out by ounce, how much brownie you want to eat!)
- Back 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool, enjoy!
Macros per 1 ounce: 1.6P 11.3C 5F