Spaghetti Squash casseroles are one of our favorite dishes! You can make them so many different ways, feed your whole family or eat off of it for several days! Plus, they are super calorie and macro-friendly!
If you love Mexican dishes, this casserole will be right up your ally! Super easy to make and crazy satisfying! We upped the protein in this recipe for a protein-packed dish per serving!
- 1.5 lbs Organic Chicken Thighs
- 1.2 lb Organic Chicken Breast
- 600g Spaghetti Squash
- 200g Orange Bell Pepper
- 200g Red Bell Pepper
- 4 oz Mushrooms
- 100g White Onion
- 1.5 Cup Reduced Fat Mexican Cheese
- 1 4.5oz can Green Chiles
- 1 18oz can Organic Black Beans
- 1 18 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 10 oz can Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1T Chili Powder
- 1T Cumin
- Salt to taste
- Cook chicken in crockpot on high for 3-4 hours until cooked through. I cooked it in Trader Joes Taco Sauce! Shred with two forks.
- Preheat Oven to 375. Cut Spaghetti Squash in half, scoop seeds out, lay face down on a baking pan and bake for 45-60 minutes, until tender and you can shred squash out with a fork.
- Dice peppers, onions, mushrooms.
- Mix all your ingredients together, pour in a greased baking dish and bake covered for 45 minutes @350, then another 15 minutes uncovered.
I divided this into 6 servings:
Macros per serving: 11F 35C 40P
Top with avocado, salsa or sour cream!