Needs a new twist on Taco Tuesday? Or any day you are craving a Mexican dish for that matter! This casserole is so easy & you can eat it on it’s own, change up your proteins used, eaten on a hard or soft shell taco.. or whatever style you’re cravin’!
- 1lb 93/7 Ground Beef OR any meat of choice!
- 200g Mixture of Red & Green Peppers, Chopped
- 200g White Onion, Chopped
- 8oz White Mushrooms, chopped
- 2 4 oz Cans Diced Green Chilis
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 1 Cup Reduced Fat Mexican Blend Cheese (optional)
- 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1/2 Cup Black Beans
- Preheat Oven to 375
- Cook your Quinoa and Protein separately, set aside
- Combine all veggies in a medium pan and cook until halfway tender
- Combine all ingredients except 1/2 cup cheese together
- Pour into a 9×12 baking dish and bake for 15 minutes
- Top dish with the remaining cheese, bake until bubbling
Serves 8: Macros per serving: 10F 24C 20P
*You may weigh in total ounces, and make that your number of servings in your recipe, then weigh out the amount that is conducive to your macros!
Optional toppings not included: light sour cream, diced cherry tomatoes, avocado, cilantro. Serve with hard or soft tortillas!