This recipe is simple and easy and will leave you lots of leftovers for the week! If you don’t have an Instant Pot, no worries, you can use your crockpot instead, just make sure to plan ahead for that. This cooks in 90 minutes in the Instant Pot versus 8 hours in the crock pot. All of that being said, if you don’t have an Instant Pot, you need one!
For the Pulled Pork:
-Boneless Pork Shoulder
– 1 Cup Organic Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce (or any bbq sauce that works for you)
-2 Cups Organic Chicken Broth (I prefer low sodium)
1. Weigh Pork Shoulder Raw
2. Put in Instant Pot with broth and bbq sauce.
3. Set manually to 90 minutes.
4. Quick release at the end.
5. Re-weigh pork cooked. determine your new weight for a 1 ounce serving now that it is cooked.
6. Shred up with two forks and enjoy!
When the Instant Pot has about 50 minutes to go, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
For the Sweet Potatoes:
1.Spray Pan with non-stick spray
2. Cut potato in half lengthwise
3. Flesh side up, LIGHTly drizzle in olive oil
4. Flip over to cook with skin side up.
5. Cook 30-40 minutes or until potatoes look carmelized and are soft in the middle.
Break up Potato with a fork, top with pork, sour cream, green onion and bacon bits!!
My single serving I used:
-10oz Sweet Potato
-6oz BBQ Pulled Pork
-1T Sour Cream
-1T Bacon Bits
-Sprinkle of Green Onion
Macros: 37P 31F 64C
*Make lower fat by eliminating or user lower fat sour cream and bacon bits.