We have one sloppy Joe recipe up but the sauce isn’t homemade and as decadent as this one! Add this to your ground turkey, chicken or beef! We enjoyed this on a bun like a burger and over a bed of mashed potatoes but it could even be eaten alone for a lower carb option and still be delicious!
For this recipe, we used 12 oz fresh tomatoes from the garden, blended them up and then chopped the rest of the tomatoes and added them for a chunkier sauce!
- 16oz Fresh Tomatoes
- 6T Low Sodium Ketchup
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 200g Yellow Onion, diced
- 1T Mustard Seed Powder
- 2T Worcestershire Sauce
- 1T Organic Maple Syrup
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Sautee’ onion & garlic over medium-high heat in a small amount of oil
- Blend 12oz of your tomotoes in blender, add to onion and garlic
- Add all your spices & ketchup
- Dice up remaining tomatoes
- Add to mixture + salt and pepper, let simmer
- Add your protein, let simmer for 10 minutes on low
Weigh your entire batch of sauce and divide by number of ounces to get per-ounce macros.
Sauce only macros divided into 8 servings: .5F 11.4C 1.3P