If you are in need of some warm comfort on these cold Winter days, look no further!! Seriously, I could have eaten this whole batch in one sitting!!
To make this a little more calorie and macro-friendly, I used light coconut milk, but for an even creamier version, you could use full fat!
For the Soup
- 2 lbs Chicken Breast
- 200g Carrots (about 2 medium)
- 200g Yellow Onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas (about 170-200g)
- 2 Stalks Celery (about 100g)
- 4 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2T Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 Cup Light Coconut Milk
- 1/2 T Thyme
- 1/2 T Sage
- Salt & Pepper to taste
For the Dumplings
- 1 Cup +2T Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 Light Coconut Milk
- 4T Grass-fed Butter (we love Kerrygold brand)
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, use light oil or butter and brown chicken breast about 3-4 minutes each side. Remove & set aside.
- Dice all veggies & mince garlic, sautéed over medium heat, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in broth, seasonings, coconut milk and chicken. Cook over low-medium heat for about 15-20 minutes covered until chicken is cooked through.
- While that’s cooking, combine all dumpling ingredients in a bowl, mix well.
- Remove chicken and shred then return to the pot.
- Reduce heat to low and make sure it’s not boiling, then drop in dumplings one tablespoon at a time. Do not stir, allow to cook for another 15020 minutes.
Makes 6-8 Servings
Macros for 1 serving (split into 6): 33C 49P 14F