I needed a change up for Taco Tuesday, so beef enchiladas it is! I love enchiladas because they’re so easy, can be calorie friendly and always filling!
You can vary this recipe by using different tortillas- Siete has great gluten free options, or you can look for lower carb, higher fiber, etc.. whatever you prefer! You can also use ground turkey or chicken if you don’t want to do beef, along with homemade enchilada sauce and any veggies you prefer! I went the quick and easy route with this one!
- 2 lb 93/7 Ground Beef
- 100g Red Pepper, diced
- 100g Green Pepper, diced
- 200g Yellow Onion, diced
- 100g White Mushrooms, diced
- 1 80z Can Diced Green Chilis
- 1 24oz Can Red Enchilada Sauce
- 4oz Reduced Fat Mexican Blend Cheese
- 8 Tortillaland Ready to Cook Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Grease 2 baking dishes
- Brown beef over medium heat, add all veggies, cook until slightly tender.
- Drain any excess liquid
- Add chilis & 1/2 of your enchilada sauce
- Fill each tortilla with 1/8th of your mix & 1T of cheese
- Roll each tortilla tightly and lay seam down in dish
- Top with the rest of your sauce and cheese
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Garnish with cilantro, sour cream, greek yogurt, hot sauce, olives.. whatever you desire (not included in macros)
Macros for 1 enchilada: 12F 22C 28P