We did it! Our first Air Fryer recipe, and let’s just say, there are going to be A LOT more to come! So if you don’t have one, you should! I got mine at Costco for $60 and it works like a charm! I love it because you don’t have to fuss with preheating an oven and warming up the house (or my tiny, hot apartment)! Super easy clean up and a low fat way to make your food crispy and delicious!
These Chicken tenders did not disappoint! I made them with almond flour and they cooked super fast and they turned out much crispier than they do in the oven!
- 1 pound chicken breast, sliced into “tender” style pieces
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour (I used Trader Joes almond meal)
- Trader Joes Everyday Seasoning (you can sub this out for garlic, paprika, pepper & salt – about a teaspoon of each)
- 1 Whole Egg
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees
- Whisk your egg in a small bowl
- Mix almond flour and spices in a shallow, large bowl
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg, make sure it’s fully coated
- Dip in almond flour mixture, until fully coated
- Spray Air Fryer with non-stick spray
- Place chicken in fryer, spaced apart, spray with non-stick spray
- Cook for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for 5 more
Macros for 4 oz: 27P 6F 1.5C